AMY HUNSUCKER aka SLIDER GEAR & WISDOMS
• Salomon X Mission 3
• Darn Tough Socks
• Down Booties
• Barefoot Sisters
• Mountain Crossings Shakedown
• Leuko Tape
• The Crawford Family
• Half Gallon Ice Cream Challenge
• Appalachian Trail Museum
• Woods Hole
• I definitely learned that it’s better not to carry that weight yet (early in hike) and if something becomes a problem then once you’re in town you can take care of it.
• Embrace the suck!
• You can complain about things every single day, but that can also just put you in a bad mood. So you can complain about it or just say “OK, this kinda sucks but I’m still out here on the trail. I’m doing this. I’m hiking over 2000 miles…this is AWESOME! I’m still happy to be out here and plus you have this whole community of other people who are going through the same thing.”
• I always packed extra food just in case I needed to take an extra day to get somewhere.
There were a lot of times when the trail ended up being harder then it looked like on the map…
well that happened a lot.
• There’s no way you can plan a whole hike and stick to that exact schedule.