GRETEL SCARLETT aka AMERICAN IDOL CONTINUES GEAR & WISDOMS
• Green Foods Superfood Smoothie
• Sawyer Squeeze
• Aqua Tab
• Sea Sponges
• Menstrual Cup
• Trail Days
• InReach Mini Unlimited Plan
• Everything for my resupply for the Sierras was in powder form food.
So everything was down to a lot of protein shakes. A lot of dehydrated food, a lot of super food
green shakes, oats and little sport gels to keep my sugar up. And really rationing.
• Not judging. If the chair really makes you happy, then take the chair…
Find what you’re luxury item is and stick with it.
• As SOBO’s your not meant to exit into the Mt Whitney portal.
• Don’t forget to take a load off and just laugh…The trail should be fun and if it’s not fun, then ask yourself why you’re doing it. It’s Type 2 Fun as a lot of people would refer to it. It’s like child birth.
• If you’re not enjoying a group of people, don’t put yourself through hell to keep up to someone
else’s standards… It’s really made me have great perspective in the things I want, the things
I don’t want and the things I need and the things I don’t need.
• I think everyone you meet on the trail also teaches you something about
yourself that you need to take further along the trail.
• As a female getting used to the feeling of being scared and afraid. I didn’t feel scared or
afraid after the first few nights of camping alone. All of a sudden, halfway through Washington,
it’s like this thing takes you where as a female it’s like I was fine. You just start to realise that you can do things. You’re problem solving every day. You’re putting one foot in front of the other every day.
You’re packing up your entire house every day and moving. You can do what the boys do.
• You get fined if you enter from Canada because you haven’t legally crossed the border into the US.
You can cross into Canada, just don’t come back (on the trail) or you’ve got a $5000 fine on the spot.
So as a Southbounder, you’re nearest point to entrance is Hart’s Pass and you hike 31 miles North,
tag the border and then you gotta start South.