TOMMY COREY aka TWERK GEAR & WISDOMS
• HyperLite 1P Tent
• Nemo 15 Degree Sleeping Bag
• Hiker Trash Vogue
• Sigma 30mm F1.4
• VSCO Photo Edit
• Calla Cam Photo Edit
• Mount Shasta
• For me, skipping (the Sierras in 2017)… knowing that I’m going to have to come back and do this… to separate the trail like that, I don’t think I’m that kind of hiker. Now if I go back and do the PCT again, if it’s a high snow year, I would just make sure that I have a group and go through the Sierra just cause I don’t like splitting it up. I like the full Northbound hike.
• For me it was a very solo journey. I needed that solitude… to test myself, to see if I actually wanted to be out there and if I could do it.
• Being alone, especially hiking alone doing something I really, really love was really healing for me. Because it taught me that I can have fun by myself. It taught me to take better care of myself.
• For me to know that I was capable of completing the PCT, I was like I can do anything now. And I should. If I know I need to make a change, I’m just going to do it because I know myself better now.
• Take risks! Take chances on changing up your life.
• There’s so much beauty around you regardless if you’re walking in the woods or
if you’re in the middle of a city.
• So I think I’d just spend less time comparing myself and just actually taking in every little aspect of it.
• It’s funny how quickly things can change on the trail.
• The trail really forces you to look at small, smaller joys.
• Don’t let other people tell you how to hike.