CAROLINE KELLOUGH aka SONGBIRD GEAR & WISDOMS
• Waymark Gear 50L & 38L
• Zpack Duplex
• Enlightened Equipment Enigma Quilt 10 degree
• Katabatic Quilt
• NeoAir XLite Torso Length
• Therm-a-Rest Butt Pad
• “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed
• Paul the backpacker Youtube videos
• Hayduke Trail
• The more you take, the more burdensome it is, as obvious as that should seem.
You really don’t need almost anything in order to make yourself comfortable and competent in the wilderness.
• When you’re hiking 20-30 miles a day, as incredible as it is, it does a real number on your body… if you want to be in this game for a long time, it’s important to think about how much wear and tear that extra weight is really going to cause on your body.
• There’s a line in my head between hardship and suffering. And I think there’s a place maybe in your own life where you really should face suffering, but there’s also a place in your life where you have to learn how to have some grace and forgive. And give yourself the benefit of the doubt.
• In a partnership, if I have a natural ability then I should accentuate that in order to help you with your natural ability.
• If you find the stuff that works of you, that’s great.
Doesn’t really matter where it came from.
• It’s easy to get sucked into looking at all the hard things and in reality every day there’s going to be the hard things and the amazing things.
• And for anyone who is considering doing something like this, just do yourself a favour and just fuckin’ do it. Or at least try… it’s humbling and terrifying and it will shatter your ego. And that’s the best thing you could probably ever do for yourself.