DEVIN EVERETT aka JUKEBOX GEAR & WISDOMS
• Sawyer Squeeze
• Honey Stingers
• RED Bars
• Bag Liner
• REI Joule 30 degree bag
• Neo Air Sleeping Pad
• Big Agnes 1 person
• Nemo 2 person
• Gossamer Gear The One
• Peppermint Oil
• Keen Targhee
• Salomen XPro
• I think there are so many ups and downs throughout the trail and you either… you can get injured and fall down or you can keep moving. And I did my best to keep moving.
• It’s so easy to say that out loud. “Yes, I’m going to hike my own hike” and then when it comes down to it, I was hiking with certain people I didn’t want to leave behind and I think the day to day is when that resonated with me the most versus the broader picture….but its definitely easier said than done.
• A mile can be all that separates you from somebody for so long… that’s just a minor gap that can separate you from seeing somebody for the rest of the trail. So sometimes if you want to stay with somebody it’s really important to push yourself a little bit or slow down a little bit because if you lose them you really never know when you’ll see them again.
• You’re just out there alone, you have all this time and all you’re doing is walking so it’s a great opportunity to go deep and ask yourself the questions. And you can’t hide from it even if you want to let it go, it’s going to come right back up.
• Be humble enough to allow your opinions to change.
• You can do it with anything. Any gear will get you to the place you want to be if you have enough willpower and strength mentally to get there….you’re going to be fine with what you have already. It’s ok!