ELSYE WALKER aka CHARDONNAY GEAR & WISDOMS
• ULA Circuit
• REI Passage One
• Big Agnes 20 degree
• “The Way” movie
• Camino de Santiago
• Carrot Quinn’s Blog
• PCT Water Reports
• Wilderness Basics through Sierra Club
• American Long Distance Hiking Association West
• Buy a smaller pack than you think you’re going to need cause then you have to force to fit stuff inside of it. If you have 65L of space, you’ll fill it with something.
• If anything, I recommend getting a good backpack.
That’s your thing right there. It’s part of you.
• I think it’s very important if you’re older to just kinda do your own thing. And listen to your body and not get caught up in that hype cause it will wear you out.
• What’s going to happen is going to happen. You can only do so much.
• Do what you can do and don’t get caught up in making all your little deadlines that seem reasonable when you’re at home… in your warm comfy home.
• You have to find your own way (of hiking).
• It’s an amazing experience to be removed from all the daily stuff that we fill our lives with. It changes the way you see the world.
• I love that clean “this is who I am” feeling that I got from being out there.
• Sometimes you need to go through your pack and reassess your fears.
And some of them, you just have to face it and take them out of the bag.
• You really don’t need all that stuff. All the little knickknacks and things that we fill our lives with. When you let those things go, you can move more freely, I think, through life.
• I hope that more people live their adventure. Whatever that is.
• There’s nobody to save you. You start learning to save yourself.