JOEY LEEN aka THE MACHINE GEAR & WISDOMS
• Darn Tough Socks
• Osprey 48L
• REI Quarterdome 2P
• Enlightened Equipment 20 degree Quilt
• Therm-A-Rest Xlite
• Therm-A-Rest Zlite
• WWOOF (Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms)
• Laughing Heart Hostel
• Uncle Johnny’s Hostel
• Hiking Thru Podcast Episode #26 Slider
• Spotify Subscription
• Working Holiday Visa
• Everything’s going to be okay in the end. You’ll figure it out.
• [Lost wallet] Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
Definitely keep an emergency card hidden in your backpack somewhere.
• The trail provides.
• Vermont and Maine were the best places for camping.
• I would take all my snacks and package those into one Ziploc.
And have one Ziploc for trash. Just to organize everything.
• Lots of candy. Your body will crave it.
• You feel powerful by the end. But you age by the end of the thru hike.
• Without the music I would have gone crazy cause the thoughts in your head… sometimes they get so loud that you just have to drowned them out.
• I think with the AT it’s very much a community driven thing. And the biggest thing I didn’t expect was how much trail magic there was going to be when I started out.