SARAH WILLIAMS aka TOUGH GEAR & WISDOMS
• Epic Protein Bars
• Sawyer Mini
• Osprey Exos
• Tough Girl Challenge Podcast
• Marathon de Sables
• Homemade Wanderlust (Jessica “Dixie” Mills)
• The Appalachian Trail Guide
• Hiking Thru Podcast Episode #34 Puff Puff aka Alex Mason
• Following the Arrows (Kat Davis)
• The Appalachian Trail, it was teaching me to appreciate the journey. It’s not just getting to the summit. It’s not just the final two meters. It’s not just putting your hand on the sign at the top. That’s not completing the challenge even though it is. It’s everything that goes into it.
• I had to get up. I had to put the work in every single day to make it happen.
• The only right answer is the best way is what’s the best way is what’s the best way for you.
• I live in my body all the time… I’m good with me.
• Stay calm. Stay focused. What’s the next thing I need to do?
• There needs to be some sort of approximate timeframe or there needs to be some
smaller goals along the way on the trail.
• All I can control is how I feel inside. Trying to remain positive.
• No rain! No pain! No Maine!
• When you come back from a big challenge, you’re going to go through this adjustment period where you actually don’t want to do anything. You go through a sense of mourning that you’re no
longer living that life anymore.
• When it’s big it gets scary and it gets overwhelming. But what you have to do is break it right down into smaller and smaller chunks… Breaking down the challenges whether it is to monthly goals, weekly goals, daily goals, hourly goals, time goals. Break it down to as small as it is as
long as you’re still moving.
• I was always visualizing myself touching that sign. I could see myself physically touching the sign. Even now I’m moving my hands to touch it.
• Be the egg!
• I’m grateful that…
• You’ve got to be consistent. You’ve got to continue putting in the work
every single day and you will get there.
• It’s better to try something and fail then it is not to know and not to have had that experience.
• You have one life to live and you do not want to wake up in 40 years thinking “Why didn’t I do that?”